- If you have an existing website, make a back up of your site before installing the new theme.
- Pause all email RSS feeds as the demo content will be installed as well. Once the theme is installed, delete the demo posts before resuming the the RSS feed again.
- Make sure you have the latest WordPress Version.
After downloading the purchased theme make sure you keep the theme in a zipped format.
INSTALL YOUR THEME AND IMPORT DEMO CONTENT:
- Login to your WordPress Website and on the Dashboard go to Appearence > Themes
- Click Add New at the top and search for Kadence. Install the Kadence Theme. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE THEME.
- Dashboard Menu > Plugins and click Add New
- Search for Starter Templates by Kadence WP plugin. Install and activate the plugin.
- Appearance > Themes, click the Add New button, then upload. Upload your Kadence theme you purchased. (eg Coda.zip)
- Activate the theme.
- Appearance> Starter Templates. You should see the preview for the child theme template . If you see CHOOSE YOUR BUILDER section click on CQ Style.
- Click on the child theme icon (preview image and the Start Importing Button.
- It could take a few minutes but wait till the import to finish and then you can view your site. It will look like the Child theme you purchased. Now its time to customise the site with your own work.
Theme Install 500 Error.
Refresh the page and install again. This might take a few times.